Roller skating can be a really fun activity but for a lot of people it is more than just a hobby! There are so many roller skating activities you can do when you are looking for things to do at Let’s Skate Orlando and if you are not a roller skating expert, no worries! We think everyone should have the opportunity to have fun and if you need lesson roller skating, our staff can teach you the basics before you go out on the rink! Safety is always our number one concern and when your skates are broken, you might need a roller skate repair. At a skating rink near me, we will never let you skate without taking necessary safety precautions.
5 Ways To Extend The Life Of Your Roller Skates
When you roller skate often, your skates will wear and may become damaged. This is inevitable any time you are using something on a daily basis. Whether you are a roller skating expert or you are just looking to have some fun, it is important you know how to keep your skates in good shape. Some ways to extend the life of your roller skates include:
- Clean them up- dirt can erode your boot, trucks, wheels, and bearings which in turn will wear out your roller skates faster. For roller skate repair, keep the boot dry and clean, wiping away any moisture. Clean your bearings and wheels to make sure your skates roll smoothly.
- Tighten your trucks- more advanced skaters may loosen their trucks to improve maneuverability but if you are not as advanced, you should make sure the trucks stay tight to the boot. Unsecured trucks can be very dangerous.
- Touch your toes- With the adjustable stops, skaters can experiment to choose the best stopping position. If you do not have adjustable stops, check every once in awhile to make sure the toe stop stays tight to the boot.
- Spin your wheels- A skating rink near me urges you to spin your wheels. If they are slow, there is likely dirt build up. Luckily, this can be cleaned right away! If your wheels are worn, make sure you replace them.
- Store them properly- Storing your roller skates correctly is very important. Making sure they are stored away properly can prevent any damage and injuries. If you keep them stored right, no one will trip over your skates and you can avoid running them over by not leaving them in the driveway.
Before you go out on the rink, there are a few safety tips you should consider:
- Wear a helmet
- Wear knee pads and elbow pads
- Buy the right skates
- Check your skates before skating
- Consider other protective gear
When you are looking for roller skating care tips in order to avoid needing a roller skate repair, talk to the staff at Let’s Skate Orlando. Roller skating can be a really fun activity but if you are not taking safety precautions, your skates could become ruined and even worse, you may inquire an injury. To find out more about the longevity of your roller skates, contact a roller skating rink near me! Call Let’s Skate Orlando at 407-614-3812 or visit our website! letsskateorlando.com.